You are a personal trainer? Is that all you do?

I love when people ask me what I do for a living. I tell them I am a personal trainer and coach. Some of them reply "oh that's all you do?" Then they must realize the look of annoyance on my face and they say, "I mean you do that full-time? You don't have another job?" I bring this up because in the past week it has happened several times. In both recent cases it was a guy trying to pick me up and clearly it didn't work. When it first happened I found myself trying to explain to people that I used to work as a district manager and I choose to leave that job for personal training. It was almost like I was trying to tell people that I could have a really important job if I wanted. Then I realized what I was doing and now I tell people I am a personal trainer and triathlon coach full time and yes I do make pretty good money and its a great job. I don't need another job to pay my bills.





I understand some people do personal training in addition to working another job. It is a great way to make some extra money on the side. There are a lot of people that make a pretty good living doing it full-time too.





I am very fortunate that I can do what I love full-time. Not many people can do that. I help people live healthier lives and educated them about health and nutrition in the process. I get paid to workout (teaching spin). I run with my running group in Henderson (the Rockin Runners). Who wouldn't love this job? I recently started Get Fit With Fido and teach people how to workout with their dogs! I love dogs so that makes things even better!



www.coachcyndee.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triathletes - to spin or not to spin?

The Ironman Tattoo

Read Those Labels Carefully, You Might Be Missing Something