Live longer and be happy.....with a dog or two?



I recently heard that people that have pets tend to live longer than people who don't. I also read a study that said children who grow up with pets are more intelligent. I read another study claiming that petting a dog or cat releases good endorphins in humans. I am not sure how accurate these studies were but I do believe them. I have three dogs and let me tell you the laughs they bring me are endless. I know laughing is good for you. I live alone and am not dating anyone so most people would think I was lonely and in need of company.
Far from it! I have more company that most people on Earth. Here is just a few examples:
  • I never eat alone. I always have 3 pairs of eyes glued to every morsel I put in my mouth. They are so attentive when I eat it amazes me. They watch the food as it goes from my plate to my mouth over and over again.
  • I never sleep alone. Yes you got it all three of them sleep with me. Some say that is gross but I find it comfortable at times. Last night Daisy laying to the left of my head, spec in the crook of my leg bend, and Tiggers on the right side near my head. All cozy as a bug in a rug. I do have to wash my sheets more than other people but that's not a big deal.
  • I am always greeted with the most excitement imaginable. I could literally leave and get the same greeting I always get if I come in 5 minutes later. They are always so excited to see me. No human has ever expressed this amount of joy when they have seen me. Frankly, if they did I would find them kind of weird and probably not talk to them ever again.
  • I don't have to run or walk alone. They always want to exercise. I love exercise and I love to run and they will do it anytime, any day and any place! They will also do it in any weather. I think deep down Daisy likes it because she always finds food on our runs. It amazes me! The other day I was running with her and looked down and she had a chicken bone in her mouth. Before that it was a hamburger bun. Many times she chews whatever she gets before I can get her to spit it out.
  • I never take a shower, bath or pee without one of them right there. Between the three of them I don't recall a time that I did any of those things without one of them there. Some people say shut the door but then they are laying right outside the door when I open it and I feel kind of bad. So I leave it open.
  • I often feel bad because they follow me all over the house. If I am going upstairs for a few seconds to grab something I tell them I will be right back but it never fails. They all get up come upstairs only to find me coming right back down. I guess if someone followed me around like this as I said before it would be very weird and I would for sure have to put an end to it. For some reason I don't mind them at all!
  • If I spill something I don't have to clean it up they just eat it! Well I do wipe up after they clean the bulk of it but basically they cut the work in half! What more could I ask for?

Some people say I am crazy because I love my dogs so much. How could you not love faces like those? If you want the joy that I have in my life then I would highly suggest you adopt a dog or cat. Please adopt one and DON'T buy one from a pet store. You can check www.petfinder.com for adoptable pets in your area. If you are local to Las Vegas then go to the NSPCA www.nevadaspca.org.

When I take my dogs out people just smile at the sight of them. You can tell they make people happy.

Adopt a pet and it will bring you joy, laughter and probably a longer healthier life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triathletes - to spin or not to spin?

The Ironman Tattoo

Read Those Labels Carefully, You Might Be Missing Something