Run with a group, have fun, and achieve your goals

Rockin Runners Henderson Group

These are some emails I received from some of our Rockin Runners after they ran the marathon. If you ever considered running with a group The Rockin Runners Henderson group is the one you should run with! We have a great group of people and two great coaches! We start running together again in January so come run with us!

From Margaret:


My Dearest Torturer! I say that lovingly you know Words alone cannot express the feeling of accomplishment I felt when I crossed that finish line, I wanted to cry but held back. Six months ago I decided to try to run the marathon and in doing so I knew that I needed expert training to help me accomplish this huge goal, so I told my husband that I was going to join a training group to help me get through it. At first I sort of balked at the price, but the the price that I paid is nothing compared to the invaluable coaching I received from you and Cyndee. I know for a fact that if it weren't for all the time you two put into our little group I would not have finished the way I did. I'm walking today and I went to work, sore but a good sore! Annnddd to top it off, I finished in 4:15!!! I did have a little set back between miles 22 - 25 but I was determined to finish this race running and went back to all the little things that you had coached us on, (let gravity work for you!!!) BEST advise ever. I had 3 goals in mind when I decided I was going to do this: 1. Finish the race healthy 2. Not come in last 3. and finish under 4:50, WOW, THANKS to you ladies I accomplished all 3!!! I am still beaming with pride that I accomplished this and to think 25 years ago I would have never considered taking this on. I am so grateful for having come across some of the best people, I've made such good new friends and will continue on this running journey all thanks to the great coaching. Yes I am still considering a sprint! So many, many heartfelt thanks to you! Thank you Cyndee for showing up some where along the route, I am in my own little running world and I hear dogs barking and the first thing that came to my mind is where is Trigger??? LOL and there he is with his buddy, and Cyndee what a great lift, I think you need to cut them back on the pupiccinos (sp?) lol. Anyway, Here's a big heartfelt THANK YOU and look forward to training with you in the future!!

Margaret


And yet another from Stacy

Cyndee,

Thank you for all the hard work you have done to train us!! You will never know how much this has meant to me and Krista. I appreciate all your encouragement, and all your knowledge that you have tried to pass to us all!

Thank you for all your help at the gym, I believe that helped to make me stronger and cut that ten minutes off my time.

It has really been a pleasure getting to know you.

Luv, Kisses & Blessings,

Stacy


Another from Katie


Dear Cyndee, Nancy and Josh,

Thank you so much for all of your training, support and stretching over the past few months. It was so amazing to go into my first 1/2 marathon feeling completely confident of my ability and finishing bang-on my anticipated time (2:06 - next year sub 1:59!). I can't wait to start training with you again in January and am already planning on my 1/2 marathon schedule for next year. This was such a fun experience and I'm so grateful to the three of you for making it so!

Thank you, thank you!

Katie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triathletes - to spin or not to spin?

The Ironman Tattoo

My Top Training Product Picks