Some Good Ones and Some Bad Ones

My Ironman training is finally coming to an end.  This week is one last big week of training and then taper time!  I can't wait.  If you read my last post you know I had a really rough day last Friday for my long run.  Fortunately this time I am going to talk about a great training day.  Two days after my horrible run I had a great 100 mile ride followed by a 6 mile run.  All in all I felt great for that workout.  My nutrition was right on, my body was feeling good and it showed on my run pace. After I rode 100 miles I managed to do 6 miles at an 8:19 pace. I was pleased and only hope to feel that good after my 112 miles on Ironman day.  Who knows why some days you feel so good and some days you don't.  I always try to analyze it but never have come up with any specific reason or thing I do on good or bad days.  All I know is I can't wait till May 20th.  My Ironman is May 19th! 
After my Ironman (2 weeks) I have Escape From Alcatraz which should be less pressure and more fun! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triathletes - to spin or not to spin?

The Ironman Tattoo

Los Cabos 70.3 Relay Recap