It’s Quality That Matters

One of the hardest parts of my job as a coach is to convince some of my clients less is better. I must admit I sometimes fall into the “I gotta do more” syndrome.  If you are a competitive triathlete you may be like me and are addicted to training.  I love the feeling after an intense training session!  I hate my off days and I sometimes try to slip an extra mile or meter in here and there.  This may be helping your mental state and feel the need to do more but your body is most likely not benefiting from this type of training.  Getting a quality hour in the pool with some very specific sets is much better for you then swimming in the pool doing whatever comes to mind for 90 minutes.  If you have a coach or training plan stick to it and don’t deviate from it by adding those extra laps or miles in.  Always go into your workouts with a plan.  The only time I would modify the plan is if you are not feeling good, coming off an illness, or if you are injured.  More is not better when it comes to your training. Maximizing the quality of your training will likely get you to the finish line with a personal best time and injury free!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triathletes - to spin or not to spin?

The Ironman Tattoo

My Top Training Product Picks