Sorry……….There is No Magic Pill or Diet





I get asked about various things for weight loss such as diets, pills and potions all the time.  I have worked in the health, fitness, and supplement industry for over 20 years.  I am here to tell you there is no magic pill, potion, or fad diet that will get you skinny.  A few years back the HGH diet became popular.  People continued to ask me about it and I gave my opinion.  I don’t think any diet that limits you to 600 calories and no exercise is good. I don’t care what you are taking if you have to limit your food that much and not exercise its NOT good.  Sure enough EVERY single person I know that tried it lost weight and regained their weight and then some.  I was working in the supplement industry when the Atkins diet became popular.  It was a crazy phenomenon.  People were obsessed.  I knew it was a fad and gave people my person opinion on the diet.  Carbohydrates are good for you!  Yes in moderation good quality carbohydrates are good.  So many people followed the Atkins program and lost a bunch of weight.  Then they started eating the carbohydrates that they deprived themselves of for months.  Sure enough the weight slowly crept back on.  

CLA was another fad that was short lived.  Of course it didn’t work.  Lets face it if any of these things worked we wouldn’t have an obesity epidemic.  The one supplement that did work eventually got banned.  It was Ma Haung or Ephedra.  This was an herbal stimulate that would increase your heart rate thus increasing thermogenesis.  But is that really healthy to have a jacked up heart rate all day?  NO that is why its not sold in most retail outlets anymore.  It was like taking speed. 

Quit looking for the quick and easy way to lose weight.  Get to the gym and use self-control when eating.  Make smart choices in your diet. Exercise should be in your daily routine just like brushing your teeth. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Triathletes - to spin or not to spin?

The Ironman Tattoo

Los Cabos 70.3 Relay Recap