Take these steps to lose or keep the weight off for good!
- Weigh yourself on a regular basis at the same time of day. I prefer to do it in the morning and once a week.
- When eating out check the calories of the foods on the menu. Most places will have this listed but if they don't then use a phone app like myfitnesspal to look it up. Most major restaurants will be on the app.
- When eating out don't be afraid to ask how they are preparing it and if you can order it with less butter, sauce, or have them put it on the side.
- Focus on what you can have instead of what you can't have.
- Don't eat out of boredom, if you are bored at home and want to snack try and get past the urge for 10 minutes by going for a walk or something. Usually the urge will pass after a few minutes or better yet just go to bed!
- I can't say it enough but preparing your food for the week because it is essential for success. If you have to grab some thing at the last minute chances are its not going to be as healthy as something you have prepared ahead of time.
- Keep track of your water intake! If you are only drinking a few cups a day start by setting a goal of 1/2 gallon a day. The ultimate goal should be at least a gallon a day.
- Try and stay on a regular workout schedule and be consistent.
- Keep stress to a minimum because stress is a killer when your trying to lose weight. Increased stress will increase cortisol which leads to a number of problems if your trying to lose weight.
Take simple steps to improve your health, live longer and feel better!